1. "Authorized User” means an individual employee or agent of yours who has been assigned unique credentials to access and use the Maestro Services.
2. “Broadcast Hours” is the amount of time content is broadcast via the internet and made available to watch. This metric is calculated as the amount of hours content is sent from an encoder to the transcoding service which converts the source input into a variety of quality levels and formats to ensure playback on a wide variety of devices and bandwidth conditions.
3. “Customer Data” means the video content, data and information provided by Customer and made available to Maestro in the course of Customer’s use of the Maestro Service. For clarity, Customer Data may include User Data and Customer’s Intellectual Property Rights. Customer Data does not include Platform Generated Data.
4. “Customer Success Manager” is a dedicated Maestro team member offering a consultative service to provide training, strategic advice, and best practices as needed via direct communication either over the phone during scheduled calls or email. All efforts will be made to accommodate requests however Maestro does not guarantee support outside of business hours, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Pacific Time, unless arranged specifically in advance.
5. “Event Support” is a service in which a person from the Maestro team is available in real-time to assist you with any technical issues that may arise during your event. This service must be requested at least one week in advance of the event, otherwise Maestro cannot guarantee availability but will make commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate the request.
6. “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights arising from or under any of the following, whether protected, created or arising under the laws of the United States of America or any other jurisdiction in the world: patents (including, but not limited to, any applications, extensions, divisions, continuations, continuations-in-part, reexaminations, reissues, and renewals related thereto), copyrights (including, but not limited to, any applications, registrations and renewals related thereto), trademarks and service marks (including, but not limited to, applications, registrations, and renewals related thereto), trade dress, trade names, trade secret and know-how and any other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any nature, by whatever name or term known or however designated.
7. “Maestro Platform” means the hosted, web-based technology platform developed by Maestro that permits its customers to upload, host, manage and edit content so that users may access and use such content, including all Updates, all Software incorporated therein, any written materials and other documentation that Maestro may make available, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the foregoing.
8. “Maestro Services” means access to and use of the Maestro Platform and the Platform Generated Data pursuant to Section 3 of this Agreement.
9. “Merchandise Sales” means transactions that occur through Maestro via integration with third party ecommerce services such as Shopify and Magento.
10. “Order Form” means Maestro’s order form, as submitted by Customer and accepted by Maestro, that specifies the licenses and services being purchased by Customer, and that references these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise made a part of the Agreement.
11. “Paywall Transactions” mean purchases that occur through the paywall feature which requires the user to buy a ticket or subscription, as specified by you, in order to access the content or event.
12. “Platform Generated Data” means any data which may be generated, recorded or automatically collated by the Maestro Platform in the course of providing the Service including, without limitation, aggregated or anonymized data that cannot be linked to individual end-users, data relating to the frequency and mode of use of the features and functionality of the Service by end-users, preference settings and personalization of the Service by end-users, the time spent on different elements of the Service, the geographical location of end-users, types of browsers and devices and other technical and statistical information derived from the operation of the Maestro Platform and its use by end-users. For the avoidance of doubt, Platform Generated Data excludes Customer Data and User Data.
13. “Plans” refer to the packages offered to you which govern fees associated with your use of Maestro. Details of the Plan are included in the Order which may include usage as well as overage fees for each usage metric.
14. “Software” means all software, technology, implementation tools, editing tools, documentation, text, typefaces, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, designs, illustrations, configurations, displays, screens, concepts, storyboard process, and other materials.
15. “Unique Viewers” is our best estimate of the distinct number of people who visited a site, measured as the sum of unique logged in users and unauthenticated devices.
16. “Update” means any functional improvement, bug fix or other development that is incorporated into the Maestro Platform other than a Modification.
17. “User Data” means the data and information provided by Customer’s end users to either Customer or to Maestro in accordance with this Agreement, including, but not limited to, end user names, email or postal addresses, phone numbers and account information (excluding, for the avoidance of doubt, data generated or collected automatically by the Maestro Platform in the course of or in connection with end-users’ use of the Service).
18. “Viewer Hours” The sum of all hours watched using Maestro streaming (live or on-demand). For example: If User A watches live for 30 minutes and User B watches an on-demand video for 30 minutes, that is 1 Viewer Hour.
19. “Viewer Support” is a service whereby Maestro will handle communication directly with end-users, on your behalf, to resolve issues pertaining to ticketing and subscriptions according to your chosen refund and cancellation policies. Viewer Support hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific Time. If an event falls outside of these hours Maestro will work with you to accommodate support.